1. The struggling economy: How is it affecting libraries?
- Economics of New Media: Pay to Play or Free? (Mashable)
- Libraries fight economic woes with information (Delaware Online)
- Report: Slowing Economy Finally Catches Up to Online Ads (Read Write Web)
- Could Struggling Economy Help Second Life? (Read Write Web)
2. Bandwidth limits
While OPLIN has absolutely NO PLANS TO DO THIS, some ISP’s think it’s ok to throttle internet usage. So if OPLIN isn’t doing it, why is it important to you? Because if they can’t get the bandwidth they need at home….
- Bandwidth cap defined (Wikipedia)
- 40GB for $55 per month: Time Warner bandwidth caps arrive (Ars Technica)
- Sprint to hop on the 5GB cap bandwagon (Mobile Crunch)
- Proposed Bandwidth Cap Looms Over Gamers (Shacknews)
3. Setting world records - some serious, some just for fun, but all with a technology focus.
- Set a Guinness World Record;Enjoy a Better Web (Mozilla)
- DDR3 SDRAM (See definition here)
- Systems Grow Big in Texas (Sun)
- Fuzz flush out Facebook flashmobs (Yahoo News)
4. Competition is good – Here’s what your competitors are up to these days.